- A unique, custom title tag on every page in the site
- A unique, custom meta description tag on every page in the site
- Appropriate use of header tags (h1, h2, etc.) for headings and subheadings
- Appropriate use of keywords in meta description tag
- Appropriate use of keywords in header tags
- Appropriate use of keywords in visible page content
- Standard href text links for site navigation, with every page on the site accessible via such links
- Appropriate alt text on every image used as a link
- Unique, focused, keyword-rich textual content
- Keyword-rich anchor text in all text links
The bonus? Most of these recommendations also help your site comply with W3C HTML/XHTML standards, as well as improve accessibility for the disabled.
I think this post is great! Thanks for the tips they are really useful.